Lilliput Land Nursery School is a not-for-profit, parent-run cooperative preschool for children from 2 – 5 years old. We are located downtown Guelph and are open Monday to Friday mornings, 8:45 – 11:45 am (even on school PD days!).
Why Lilliput Land is your best preschool choice:
- We have small class sizes (maximum 16) to transition your child slowly into a school setting. The small class size encourages strong relationships between the children, their peers and teachers.
- We welcome children at all stages of development, including potty trainers
- We have 2 fabulous RECE teachers with knowledge of the newest practices in Early Childhood Education
- We have a flexible morning selection to suit your schedule
- We offer reasonable rates and multi-day / multi-child discounts, as well as subsidy for qualifying families
- We’re centrally located as Guelph’s Downtown Preschool!
Supervisor – Brandy: “Hi, I’m Brandy Cannady, the supervisor of Lilliput Land Nursery school. I’ve worked for over 15 years in daycares, nursery schools and as a nanny. I’ve been at Lilliput Land since 2014. I’m passionate about learning along with children and teaching them. It is my belief that children should be able to explore and question their surroundings and I enjoy supporting them in that. It’s amazing what they can do when they’re able to play freely and be creative! I love working here as it gives me the opportunity to learn with the children and get to know some wonderful families in our community. I moved to Guelph from Edmonton 10 years ago and can’t imagine myself anywhere else. I have 2 school age children of my own and a wonderful husband, Dan. I look forward to meeting and getting to know your families.”
Teacher – Emma: “Hi, my name is Emma Stack. I was born and raised in Guelph and after moving away for a few years I am happy to be back here with my husband and son. I am so excited to be part of the Lilliput Land team this year! I was a high school teacher before I went back to school to get my Early Childhood Educator diploma from Conestoga College in 2016. I fell in love with the philosophies of early learning. Watching children become critical thinkers by questioning, exploring and experiencing the world around them is something that I will never get tired of facilitating. I look forward to forming relationships with all the families throughout our upcoming years together.”
Our classroom space includes dress-up and kitchen centres, building blocks and tools, sand and water tables, a quiet story centre, a science centre, and more. We also have the use of the full gym space in St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church for daily exuberant play!